By signing up to our Foster Program, you express an interest in offering one of our animals, temporary accommodation, until they are adopted by their new family. Fostering plays a vital part in the rehabilitation of our animals and significantly increases their chance of finding a permanent home.
A. How does fostering help?
- Our shelter is often full. Being able to place some of our animals in foster care, means we are able to take in a larger number of animals in need.
- Animals recovering from an injury or a disease are in need of special care and love, as is the case for newborn puppies and kittens, in need of regular bottle - feeding.
- Many of our animals are unable to adjust to a shelter environment and are overcome by stress and fear of humans as a result.
B. Why should I join the foster program?
- It is the simplest way to help one of our animals, if you are unable to offer them a permanent home.
- It doesn’t require you showing up at a particular time or place, like volunteer work does.
- It is ideal for university students and pensioners, who are unable to offer a permanent commitment due to present circumstances.
- It will give you the chance to develop a strong bond with an animal in need and experience the benefits of having a dog-cat in your life, preparing you for the possibility of an adoption in the future.
C. Requirements and Skills
- The time required to tend to the needs of your foster, varies according each individual animal. SGS will make sure you do not exceed the free time you are able to dedicate and will find you a match to fit your daily routine.
- You don’t have to worry about your knowledge of pets! We will be there to guide you every step of the way and answer any question you might have.
- Already having a pet of your own at home is not an issue. We will make sure the animal you decide to foster gets along well with all members of your family, including the four-legged ones.
- SGS will cover all expenses related to the care of your foster pet, including food, medical care, checkups and necessary accessories.
- You are not expected to adopt the animal you are fostering, unless you desire to.
By fostering, you will change the life of two animals, the one you foster and the one that will take its place at the shelter!
Fostering Saves Lives!
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at: [email protected]
We will help you find an animal that best - suits your personality and daily routine.